Did you know that the word breakfast comes from the words “breaking the fast”. Usually, when we wake up we have gone without nutrients for about 12 hours. The old saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day should definitely not be taken lightly because what you consume at breakfast gives you the fuel to start your day right.
Why is Breakfast so important?
• Your body allows for an increased intake of vitamins and minerals so if you do it right, you are much more likely to reach your target nutrient intake for the day.
• Your weight management can improve because you regulate your appetite control by starting your day with a nutritious meal.
• A positive state of mood and wellbeing is one of the psychological benefits and beating fatigue is one of the physical benefits.
What exactly should healthy KJ breakdown of your breakfast look like?
• 30% Protein
• 50% Carbohydrates (healthy carbs)
• 30% from fat
Breakfast defined as balanced, should provide you with micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) a decent amount of protein, I always recommend 20 grams (to support muscle health) and carbohydrates for sustained energy.
Hydrating in the mornings is just as important as it helps delivering the nutrients to where it is needed and make up for the lack of fluids during the evening.
I tried the following Herbalife Products which is a quick on the go solution if you have a hectic lifestyle and find it hard to work breakfast into your daily routine.
1. The Formula 1 Shake
• Contains a source of protein approximately 17g
• Contains some of your daily vitamins and minerals
• It is developed by experts in nutrition
• Quick to whip up
• Can be personalised with fruits and other ingredients in a blender
2. Instant Herbal Beverage
• Very handy, you can keep a container in your handbag and whip it out whenever you need a quick caffeine fix without the coffee.
• Low in calories yet tastes good
• Contains all the compounds of green tea which assist in weight loss and over all health
3. Aloe Concentrate
• If you find drinking water is boring this one is for you. It flavours your water and delivers all the enzymes of Aloe to your body to encourage digestive health
4. Herbalife Express and Protein Bars
• Express bars and protein bars are both great options for in-between meals
• Contains 10 – 13g of protein in each bar
• Available in delicious flavours
• Provides minerals and vitamins
• Great snack for the sweet tooth without the empty calories
For more information go to www.myherbalifebreakfast.co.za
About The Author
“Health is a relationship between you and your body”
Hello my name is Brigitte Willers. I am a qualified fitness and business professional. I am also a lifestyle and fitness model, business owner and mommy to a boy named Sammy and three Jack Russells. Thank you for visiting The Jog Blog and hope to see you back soon!