Start enjoying the ritual of stretching before or after hitting the trail, road, gym or sports field because of these 5 reasons:
– Improves athletic performance in some activities
– Less risk of activity-based injuries
– Improves flexibility, and, consequently, range of motion in your joints.
– Flexibility may improve your performance in physical activities or decrease your risk of injuries by helping your joints move through their full range of motion and enabling your muscles to work most effectively.
– Stretching increases blood flow to the muscle
I always incorporate stretching, I think it is equally important for men and women, whether you are a pro-sportsman/woman or just for fun. Its has such a great calming effect on the body and helps promote lean muscle tone.
Yours in Health