Start enjoying the ritual of stretching before or after hitting the trail, road, gym or sports field because of these 5 reasons:
– Improves athletic performance in some activities
– Less risk of activity-based injuries
– Improves flexibility, and, consequently, range of motion in your joints.
– Flexibility may improve your performance in physical activities or decrease your risk of injuries by helping your joints move through their full range of motion and enabling your muscles to work most effectively.
– Stretching increases blood flow to the muscle
I always incorporate stretching, I think it is equally important for men and women, whether you are a pro-sportsman/woman or just for fun. Its has such a great calming effect on the body and helps promote lean muscle tone.
Yours in Health
About The Author
“Health is a relationship between you and your body”
Hello my name is Brigitte Willers. I am a qualified fitness and business professional. I am also a lifestyle and fitness model, business owner and mommy to a boy named Sammy and three Jack Russells. Thank you for visiting The Jog Blog and hope to see you back soon!