Research shows that adding almonds to your daily diet can help people with certain conditions enjoy healthier lives. Almonds and Almond Breeze also provide alternatives to people who need to stay away from foods and food ingredients due to specific health conditions.
The almond has been around a long time; evidence shows that even King Tutankhamun of Ancient Egypt was laid to rest in 1323 BC with a handful of these nuts to nibble on in the afterlife. They were widely cultivated through Asia as well – and from here they slowly made their way to Europe, travelling along the old silk routes where, as a hot commodity, they were traded. Finally, they made it to the New World, California to be exact, where 80 percent of the world’s almonds come from today.
Here are some nutty almond facts:
- Almonds are stone fruits similar to plums, cherries and peaches, but unlike its relatives, we eat the kernel and not the fruit.
- Almonds are the crunchiest of all nuts, so instead of snacking on a handful of crisps, satisfy that need by tucking into almonds instead, they are far better for you.
- Almonds are one of the most versatile foods known – you can use this humble nut in delicious baked goods and low carb creations when milled into almond flour, and they can also be ground into butter and pressed for oil.
- They have the longest shelf life of all nuts – due to their high vitamin E content they can last in the fridge for up to two years.
- The perfect portion size of almonds is 20, which equates to a small handful. One portion contains 12 percent of your daily protein requirements.
- According to Marcus Peil, Global Director for Almond Breeze almond milk, one glass of Almond Breeze Unsweetened, contains less than half the calories of regular skim and low fat milk – so it’s an easy way to add the goodness of almonds to your diet and perfect for anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle.
- Almonds help keep your cholesterol in check, their high content of monounsaturated fats help lower bad cholesterol.
- Eating a handful of almonds at breakfast is proven to help you feel fuller for longer and help stabilise your blood sugar which assists in healthy weight management.
Why would you not want to add these magical nuts into your daily lifestyle?
Have a look at www.nationalalmondday.com for more interesting facts on almonds.
The Jog Blog recommends Almond Breeze, the unique formula comes from Blue Diamond, The Almond People, who have over 100 years’ experience in growing and harvesting the world’s finest almonds.
After over a decade of success in North America, Almond Breeze launched in South Africa in 2015. It is produced locally with manufacturing and production facilities in Cape Town at Good Hope International Beverages. Almond Breeze Original and Unsweetened almond milk is available at leading retail outlets around the country at a recommended selling price of R36, 95. Visit www.almondbreeze.co.za, Facebook: www.facebook.com/AlmondBreezeSouthAfrica and @AlmondBreezeSA for more information.
Win with Almond Breeze South Africa,
Would you like to stand a chance to win a case of Almond Breeze worth R480? Simply share this post and tag us!