An apple a day keeps the doctor away! We always hear people say this, but don’t really give it much thought. The truth is it can make a significant difference in your diet and here is why;
1. Eating an apple everyday will increase fiber intake. The fiber found in apples is not an AMAZINGly high amount but the combination of fiber along with other nutrient-goodies packed in apples will give you the same benefits as if you were eating something with triple the amount of fiber. This in turn helps regulate blood fat levels so whilst you are struggling to get out of bed to keep up your training apples will be silently fighting the bulge.
2. Add some of Eve’s forbidden fruit to the diet and you will be blessed with less orange peel on your thighs! Yes girls a cellulite buster! Vitamin C is also enables synthesis of collagen which gives structure to the skin.
3. Antioxidants in apples have many other benefits including the release of toxic substances that cause blemishes so you will glow and radiate naturally every day
4. Its your own little disease fighter lunchbox size! Apples are known to reduce cholesterol levels, fight many kinds of cancer including skin cancer, colon cancer, lung and breast cancer as well as anti-inflammatory properties
5. Apples are also known to detoxify the liver so this is great news for when summer comes and we tend to drink a few glasses of champagne too many!
6. Vitamin C is responsible for slowing down the effects of free radicals including fine lines and wrinkles so in essence apples will make you look younger its also has a very dense water consistency so will add to your 8 glasses of water per day!
7. Quercetin among other flavonoids help to slow down the amount and rate at which carbohydrates are digested by inhibiting carb digesting enzymes like alpha-amylase and alpha-glucosidase which means your body will have less carbs to burn. This is especially helpful if you over did the snacking just eat an apple!
8. For healthy gums and teeth apples are a must! Nothing more beautiful than a women with a gorgeous confident smile! Apples also help clean the teeth if you forgot your toothbrush.
- apple pulp 15 minutes on the eyes take away dark circles
- apple cider vinegar applied to the sculpt relieves itchiness and dandruff due to its anti bacterial properties and germ cleansing properties.
- apple juice and apple chips are very high in calories, carbs and fat so these naughty’s are definitely not part of the plan!
- I would recommend having an apple before mealtimes as they make you feel more satisfied with your food and manages hunger you will eat almost 15% less than you usually do!
THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE FACTS
Apples contain Quercetin, which is the most important of the Flavonoids that apples have. Quercetin is known for its anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory action. The trick is to eat apples raw, and to include the skin as flavonoids are located close to the skin.
Flavonoids for those who don’t know, are what gives flowers and fruits of many plants their vibrant colors and are usually referred to as bioflavonoids, which are polyphenol antioxidants. It goes without saying then that fruits and veg that contains bright red (eg. red peppers) green ( eg. spinach) etc. are also very high in anti oxidants and vitamin C and these are the things you need in your diet and as raw as possible.
Green Apples contain more Vitamin C than Red apples so go for green!
About The Author
“Health is a relationship between you and your body”
Hello my name is Brigitte Willers. I am a qualified fitness and business professional. I am also a lifestyle and fitness model, business owner and mommy to a boy named Sammy and three Jack Russells. Thank you for visiting The Jog Blog and hope to see you back soon!