I love this delicious seafood dish by Sarah Graham (on Twitter @foodieliveshere). She demonstrated this at the recent @GoodHouseSA Heart and Stroke foundation lunch. It takes only about 5 minutes to prepare and 12 minutes to cook and you will come out looking like a pro chef with very little effort and time spent. Serves 4 – 6 people and trust me its really yummy!
You will need
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- 2 table spoons of Thai red or green curry paste
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 150ml fish stock
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce
- 400g firm fish fillets
- 750g mussels with shells, de-bearded and cleaned (just like we like our men)
- 300g prawns, deveined
- 1 red pepper, sliced into slivers
- 100g snap peas
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 table spoons of chopped fresh colliander
What to do;
- In a large pot on a medium-high heat, add the olive oil and cook the curry paste for one minute or until fragrant. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute
- Add the coconut milk, fish stock and fish sauce, and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the seafood and simmer for about 5 minutes with the lid on, or until the fish is cooked through, then add the red pepper and sugar snap peas.
- Remove from the heat, stir through the lime juice and sprinkle the coriander on top. Serve immediately